I hold the honor of being they Keynote speaker on day 2 of the World AMR Congress in Washington D.C. on November 7 & 8.
Launched during the release of key reports such as the AMR Review and A Scientific Roadmap for
Antibiotic Discovery, the World AMR Congress has brought attention to the threats of this emerging crisis to
the global healthcare system.
The conference gathers global leaders in infectious diseases to meet, brainstorm and discuss the
challenges and opportunities on seven topic areas:
• Antibiotic R&D: advancing the development of antibiotic and non-traditional therapies and improving
• Diagnostics: innovating the development and deployment of rapid diagnostics tests, while ensuring an
effective integration into hospitals’ workflow and reimbursement
• Antimicrobial stewardship: using technology to improve antibiotic prescription, monitoring and
surveillance while advancing stewardship-based purchasing guidelines
• Pitch & Partner: joining funding and partnerships with antibiotics and diagnostics innovation
• Infection Control: advancing policies to improve infection prevention, control and compliance in
• Manufacturing: overcoming challenges for a sustainable and controlled antibiotic manufacturing and
• Vaccines: discussing the clinical and economic value of vaccines to combat AMR
This November 7-8, 2019, 600 attendees from over 40 countries will be gathered at the Renaissance
Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel for the largest AMR conference ever.
I will also be holding a round table session later in the afternoon on prevention for hospitals and what patients can do. Below is a link to the schedule as well as featured speakers. If you are in the industry, please consider attending….