As we all know Covid has forced many conferences to cancel this year but MAD-ID has developed a webinar so we can continue to offer education credits to healthcare workers. I had the honor to present with Kerry LaPlante PharmD (Moderator) and Edward Septimus M.D. to talk sepsis from a clinical and patient perspective.
Goal: To provide an online continuing professional educational program to educate interested healthcare providers on the latest recommended sepsis guidelines and to appreciate sepsis from the patient perspective.
Target Audience: Clinical Pharmacists, Physicians, Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants
- Recommend guidelines and protocols to improve diagnosis and antibiotic therapy for sepsis
- Explain the evolving incidence and epidemiology of sepsis
- Identify best practices for antimicrobial stewardship in sepsis
- Explain how patient advocacy can influence clinical practice in the management of sepsis
- Describe challenges in communication between healthcare providers and patients with sepsis and their caregivers
- List strategies to empower patients in decision-making regarding infections and antimicrobial use
Edward J. Septimus, MD, FIDSA, FACP, FSHEA
Texas A&M College of Medicine
Mary Millard, M.Ed
International Patient Speaker
MAD-ID is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as the provider of continuing pharmacy education. 1.5 CEU will be awarded for either of these programs.
UAN #0485-0000-20-023-H01-P (Sepsis)
|STEP 1: Visit our training website log-in page:
(https://mad-idtraining.org/certification/login/index.php) and set up a user account (if you don’t already have one)
|STEP 2: Log into your new account and view our courses; select either Implementing the 2020 Vancomycin Guidelines or Sepsis 2020 option under
MAD-ID WEBINARS 2020
|Note: No enrollment code is required to participate in these programs.|
|STEP 3: Watch the presentation/recording|
|STEP 4: Complete the program evaluation|
|STEP 5: Take (and pass) the learning assessment quiz – minimum passing grade: 80%|
|STEP 6: Click on Activity Completion|
Best of luck!